A LIFETIME OF SERVICE
Steve SEROKA was a highly-decorated 30-year Active Duty USAF Fighter Pilot, Strategist, Commander. More recently, he has served as the Chief of Staff for Nevada’s largest business organization and a Veterans’ Advocate. Steve possesses a truly rare depth and breadth of experience that includes NORAD, the Pentagon, Combat Director, U.S. Air Combat Commandand a Washington D.C. think-tank.
The Colonel, as he is known to friends, had a spectacular 30-year career in the U.S. Air Force. He graduated from the Air Force Academy and finished #1 in Air Force Flight School, affording him the opportunity to log thousands of hours in the world’s most revered air superiority fighter, the vaunted F-15.
In addition to his distinguished flying career, Steve went on to graduate #1 of 800 officers in his class at the prestigious Air Force Leadership School, SOS. He was hand picked to write the strategic plan for Air Defense of North America and was twice rated the #1 Division Chief at the Pentagon. The architect of the U.S. post-hostilities strategy in Iraq, he later commanded 30,000-plus combat sorties over Afghanistan.
Steve’s final assignment was Chief of Staff at the Nellis Air Force Base Warfare Center. While stationed at Nellis, he fell in love with his future wife, Nancy Wong. Upon his retirement from the Air Force, Steve and Nancy elected to make Las Vegas their permanent home and was hired by the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce as its Chief of Staff.
Totally devoted to a life of service, Seroka serves as President of the Disabled Veterans Business Alliance, as Director for the World Affairs Council, as an Advisory Council Member of the USO, as Nevada Advisor of the U. S. Global Leadership Coalition, as a National Security Expert for Operation Free, as Commissioner for the North Las Vegas Veterans Community Commission and as Public Outreach Coordinator for the Nevada Veterans Council.
Previously, Steve served as Nevada’s Vice-Chairman for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). He also serves as a volunteer with Communities in Schools, mentoring at-risk high school youth.
Nancy and Steve have three children and just added a new puppy to their household. Steve’s hobbies include fitness, fishing and paddle-boarding.
- U.S. Air Force Academy Graduate
- #1 - USAF Flight School
- #1 - USAF “Leadership School” SOS
- F-15 Combat Fighter Pilot
- #1 Division Leader, The Pentagon
- Air Defense Lead Strategist - NORAD
- Commanded 30,000 sorties in Afghanistan
- Chief of Staff - Nellis AFB Warfare Center
- Chief of Staff - LV Chamber of Commerce
- National Defense Fellow, Washington Institute
- World Affairs Council, Director
- US Global Leadership Coalition NV Advisory Council
- Advisory Council, Las Vegas USO
- President, Las Vegas Disabled Veterans Business Alliance
- North Las Vegas Veterans Community Commission Member
- Spokesman, Nevada Veterans Council